Buccal Fat Pad Removal
What is Cheek Fat Removal?
The face is the first thing that people notice about us. Sagging or chubby cheeks on account of excess fat in the buccal fat pad can lead to a serious loss of self-confidence. Cheek fat removal is a very simple cosmetic procedure which can remove the excess cheek fat to give a well-proportioned, symmetric set of cheeks. Cheek skin is also toned down, giving a slimmer facial appearance.
Who Can Opt for Cheek Fat Removal?
Cheek fat removal procedure may be opted by people with any of the below-mentioned issues –
- Asymmetrical facial profile due to excess fat in one or both cheeks
- Visible odd-looking curves on the cheeks while smiling
- Cheeks with negligible slimming even after facial liposuction or exercise
- Cheeks which tend to sag with gravity on account of excess cheek fat
Cheek fat removal is a short and safe surgical procedure which works on giving your cheeks a better proportion and symmetry by removing this excess fat.
What the procedure does not do –
- Change the bone structure of the face
- Give you a new set of features
About the Procedure
It is important for the procedure to be performed by an experienced surgeon to minimize risks and complications while offering world-class technology and surgical techniques.
Cheek fat removal is a simple process which takes all of 20 minutes to complete. It may be performed under general or local anaesthesia – this is determined by both the surgeon’s assessment and the patient’s requirement.
The surgeon makes the marking on the cheek and makes a 3-4 millimetre incision on the buccal mucosa. The point of incision acts as the site from which the excess cheek fat is extracted. During the procedure, pressure is applied on the outer cheek surface so that the buccal fat pad protrudes inside the mouth. This facilitates the fat extraction procedure.
Once the excess fat is removed, sutures are applied, and the incision is left to heal naturally.
Cheek fat removal is an outpatient procedure. Recovery takes 3 days, though certain protocols must be observed for a longer duration.
- Liquid or soft diet is required to be maintained for the first few hours after the surgery
- Hot and spicy food should be avoided for a week
- Swelling and bruising may take up to 2 weeks to subside
- Smoking should be avoided for up to 1 month after the surgery